Sage Payroll Year end Processing
(The end of Payroll TAX Year 2021)
Processing the Payroll Year end for 2021 (PYE) in Sage Payroll has never been easier. You no longer have to submit P30, P35 and PRC1 Forms. You just install your Payroll Update, close your old payroll tax year and start a new payroll tax year
There are 3 steps or stages in the process to complete your payroll year procedure, as follows…
Step1 Install your Payroll Year End Update (Out Now)
Sage Payroll Update for PYE21 is out now and can be downloaded from here
This update will install Sage Payroll v24.4 for 2021 and Sage Payroll v25.0 for 2022.
To ensure your Sage Payroll software is ready for the new TAX year, you must install your payroll update (when available) Make sure you take a Full Backup of Sage Payroll Data prior to install PYE Update You can Perform a single Payroll backup, or you can back up all payrolls in your software Full system backup. When the PYE Update is out, we will have more information concerning the following details below
- How to check your payroll version number
- Downloading your Payroll PYE update
- Install the update on to your PC
Step 2 Complete 2021 Payroll TAX Year
If you want to end 2021 Tax year in Sage Payroll, you must complete your final payroll as normal . You can then carry out the following optional tasks that include
- Check if there is any extra pay period
- Print Year end Reports
- Validate your Payroll Data
- Check you are using the latest version
Other Housekeeping tasks that should be done at PYE time or at any time during the year to keep your payroll records in good order and especially when doing a payroll year end
- Check your company information is right
- Check employee details are correct
- Check your pensions are set up correctly
- Review the earnings TAX & PRSI (ETP) For each employe
Step 3 Get ready for the 2022 Payroll Tax year
Once your complete your payroll processing for 2021 tax year you will need to create the 2022 Payroll TAX year for each of your payrolls.
- Creating and Opening the 2022 Payroll TAX year
- Set up new TAX Calendar
- Set period 1 of the new TAX year
- Enable CSO Reporting (Optional)
- Assign ASC Settings to employees ( Optional )
- Clear Fin Year end Balances
- Validate your payroll data in 2021
If you have a valid Sage Payroll Software and Sage Payroll support, this Sage Payroll support is normally provided by Sage Software Direct to you by telephone from Dublin.
If you have any specific questions about Sage Payroll Year end we suggest that you contact Sage Payroll Support directly with your additional issues.
You can contact Sage Payroll support as follows
Dial 01 447 0800
(press 2 Software Support , then Press 2 for Payroll and finally Press 1 Sage Payroll)
The above numbers should only be used for holders of a valid Sage Payroll Software licence with a live payroll support contract in place. You may need to find out your Software serial number or Sage Account reference before you call.