Now you can add attachments to your Journals with Sage 50cloud Accounts v25.1. Attach notes or copies of documents to explain the reason for a journal entry. Usually journals are used to make a record of salaries and accounting adjustments (as well as year end adjustments from your accountant).
What type of attachments can I use?
They can be up to 5mb. The following are accepted file types:
csv, dif, doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, ods, odt, pdf, rtf, slk, tsv, txt, xla, xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xlt, xltm, xltx, xml or xps.
How do I add an attachment?
- Click on Nominal codes, then Journal entry.
- Enter the journal details as usual.
- Click Add attachment.
- Browse to select the relevant files. Click OK.
- Once you have entered all the details and completed the attachment, click Save and Close
Where can I view an attachment?
We can view the details of an attachment in several different windows within the system.
- Hit Transactions, then click on the transaction with the attachment you want to see. In the View column, click the icon (a diagonally pointed arrow).
If there’s only one attachment. It will open, if there’s more than one, a list of attachments will appear.
- Alternatively, after highlighting a transaction that has an attachment, you can click View attachment on the toolbar.
In Nominal Activity:
- Click on Nominal codes, select one of the codes used in the journal and click Activity. Double-click one of the required journal entries, then hit View attachment.
In the Journal edit window:
- After adding an attachment to a journal (and saving it), on editing the journal, a View attachment option appears beside the Add attachment option.
Can I add further attachments?
You can edit an existing journal through the Transactions module or the Nominal Activity window if required, and add further attachments. Attachments can only be added to journals created in Sage 50cloud Accounts v25.1 or above, or grouped journals upgraded from v22 or above.
Watch it done in this video:
For More information on Sage 50cloud Accounts
Call Malcolm on (071) 9146815 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org