Duration: 1 Day
The last of three stages recommended to TAS users as essential training for all who deal with invoice production, stock control and reporting, and sales and purchase order processing.
Candidates should be comfortable using a computer, mouse and keyboard. It is preferable that they have either done an Introduction to Bookkeeping Course and a TAS Stage 1 and/or TAS Stage 2 course, or have a prior knowledge of accounting and are already familiar with the material covered on the TAS Stage 1 & 2 courses.
- Business Analysis:
Setup up Tag & Marketing Codes for additional analysis options when generating reports. See how to attach each transaction to a Salesperson to enable the production of commission based reports related to each sales person.
- Invoice Production :
Discover how to setup products and services (Menu 5) and produce stock and service invoices. How to use skeleton invoices. Learn how to calculate VAT and the implications of discounts. Also, see how to process quotes, Proformas and convert into invoices.
- Sales Order Processing:
Look at the sales order cycle and how its links to other areas of TAS. Learn how to process sales from entry to despatch, and how to print order documents.
- Purchase Order Processing:
Look at the purchase order cycle and how its links to other areas of the system. Learn how to process from entry to despatch. Explore how TAS can create purchase orders based on stock shortages from customer orders.
- Additional Features Relating to Products & Services:
- Free format Text Block, and Price Increase/Decrease.
- Stock Control : Learn how to plan and maintain stock records, post opening levels and record physical stock takes.
- Stock Movements : Learn how to record deliveries, part deliveries and stock adjustments.
- Stock Reporting : Learn how to run reports including profit and re-order analysis.
- Intrastat: Record stock movement within a company who Buy/Sell goods to and from the EC.
- Recurring Transactions: Learn how to automate regular postings and recurring entries.
- Management Reports. A brief look at the common Financial/Management reports available.
- Depreciation of Assets: Learn how to how to post depreciation.
- Bad Debt: Investigate options for writing off bad debts and their implications for VAT.
- Contra Entry: Where a Customer is also a Supplier you may choose to offset you customer’s sales invoices against the purchase invoices from your supplier.
After this course the user will be able to take full advantage of the program’s capabilities. This will help your company become more efficient and organised.
Opportunity to gain official certification from the Sage Training Centre.